Pages

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

How Can I Keep From Singing?

Woke up feeling awful this morning, but had to press on because today is moving day.  Although there are still a few more things to get finished, I must take a break to post some thoughts.

Taking the rubbish out early - the sky was my favorite grey, I began to feel a bit better.  Amazing what a few negative ions can do for the spirits.  That, and prayers for improved health.  As I watched the sun rise from dark grey to rosy pink to firey orange to what is now vibrant yellow my heart can't help but sing.  Oh, how I will miss the view of the sunrise!

I stepped outside a few minutes ago to take a deep breath of the morning and was reminded of the verse that says if we don't praise God, even the rocks will cry out.  Today I shared my praise with the color of the sunrise, the wind in the trees, the song of the Tui and the calm waves on the harbor.

This brings to mind two of my favorite songs...the first from Enya (How Can I Keep From Singing)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cBM7HZ4lG0
and the second from the Gaither Vocal Band (The Glorious Impossible)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3EdX8-heAc

Sure wish I knew how to add them so they will play as you read this, but that is a new skill to learn on another day.  :)

The sun is now up and shining, children are awake and moving about, my headache is completely gone.  Things here at the "Holiday House" are about to be wrapped up.  I have been writing a few lines and doing a few things, writing, doing...

Today, I could not procrastinate in giving God praise.  Why?  Simply because He is Worthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment