Pages

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Today's Title is a Study in Contrast

Perhaps "Tenacious Tuesdays" is not the correct title for this day.  I am hoping for this blog to be something of an encouragement, but tenacious means "holding fast; stubborn; obstinate".  These things, at the moment seem more negative to me, as in "I am holding tenaciously to old habits." ...yes, they are without a doubt, very deeply ingrained.

However, if I were to say that "I choose to be tenacious in my pursuit of building new habits." I would be speaking proactively and sharing my goal of improvement.  So, what will it be?  Proactive gets my vote, and in so doing, chips away at the corner of the tenacious habit of clinging to the negative.  I feel like Joan of Arc in her armor, sword held high, ready to reclaim the home land.  Oh dear, I feel a soap box moment coming on...

Let me close today with this quote from Joel A. Barker (as attributed on brainyquote.com):  

"Vision without action is merely a dream.  Action without vision just passes the time.  Vision with action can change the world."

No comments:

Post a Comment