Pages

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Truth or Lies

Wow.  What a title.  What a thought.  What are we believing?

This hits me hard today as I see the devastating effects of what happens when people believe lies.  Yes, in my life I have been guilty of it, and have also felt the effects of what happens when someone close to me believes them. 

If I have learned anything in the past forty years it is that the lies are so very easy to believe.  We are told by the world, "Go ahead, you deserve to be happy.  Do what feels good!" And if we don't give careful thought to the consequences, they will be just as bad as the lies themselves.

I know this is a controversial topic, but I'm the author of this here blog and if you don't care to read my thoughts on this particular topic, come back tomorrow.  : )

Enough about lies.  What are the truths that I am believing right now?
  • God honors obedience
  • Obedience is hard
  • When I ask, God is more than happy to help me do what is right
  • Disobedience brings hard consequences
  • These consequences will hurt more than just myself
  • God is who He says He is and He does what He says He will do!
That is the bottom line.  Enough said.  Friend, Reader...what do you believe??
 

No comments:

Post a Comment