Pages

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Sharing the Self Talk

As selfishness and complaint pervert the mind, so love with its joy clears and sharpens the vision. ~ Helen Keller

I have had the opportunity twice this week to realize how very thankful I am that I home school my children.  For me, it is a blessing to be with my children the majority of 24/7/365.  Although I do look forward to them spreading their wings so I can watch them soar, I am content in my time with them now as I watch them blossom and grow.

I think everyone needs to know when they are a joy to be around, so this week I told my children just that.  I am proud to be their mom, I love being with them, and I am blessed to be their teacher at home.  (maybe not those exact words, but they got my jist, and I shared my self talk with them.)

Maybe that is what got Mr. E wondering aloud about the age when he should start educating his own children, or what time they should go to bed, or what age he will be when he is out of the house and making his own decisions.  I wonder what else he would like to ask? 

No comments:

Post a Comment