Pages

Saturday, March 13, 2010

It's My Birthday!

It's my birthday, and this one thing I believe...I am loved by family and friends! Especially my children.

I woke up this morning to be held hostage in my room while Miss A and Mr E made my breakfast and decorated the kitchen.  Much thought was put into the decorating because the colors of the lettering matched the streamers hanging from the door, and the 2 flower arrangements were beautifully symmetrical.  I was told that they encountered 4 or 5 bugs during the preparations and that Mr E "smashed one with his shoe!"  (I did hear that particular bit of commotion and was wondering if they would lift the ban on me coming into the kitchen so I could get the grasshopper for them.  I was happy to hear them work it out as I think this means I am off bug duty since they can now catch/kill their own bugs!)

Hugs abounded today, and someone even mentioned a birthday spanking.  Thankfully, we are in New Zealand and spanking is against the law here.  Whew!  Lucky for me!

What did I learn in the past year?  I have many areas of life that need improvement.  I  have many friends and family who love me anyways.  My faith is in God, who never fails, and always forgives - no matter how many times I mess up. 

"Thanks be to God for His unspeakable Gift!"

No comments:

Post a Comment