Pages

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Stuff

Today is a packing day.  I have slowly been weeding things out of my own stash of stuff - clothes not worn, things not used, etc - and giving great thought to the idea of simplistic living.  We are moving into a smaller space for a few months so this brings my focus to any space saving ideas I can find.  It will be interesting to note as the days go by, how going from big house to cozy den affects our attitude.

Someday I would like to live in a house that has a hand powered kitchen.  The only challenge would be in making toast and blending juices/nut mixtures.

This brings me to the question of: What else do I absolutely need to use that pulls from the power lines?
  • computer and printer
  • cd player/radio/tv - cds and tv can be replaced by listening/watching on exclusively on the computer
  • oven and stove
  • sewing machine and iron - although we recently saw a machine that was powered by hand crank
  • washing machine and dryer - hanging clothes to dry is a much used option at our house
  • battery charger - for kids' hand held video game, portable cd player and our cameras
Hmm.  Less than many, more than most.  I am very blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment