Pages

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Tenaciously Stupid and a Worthy Thought

I just saw a news report on the Ohio man and woman who recently ran away to Florida together, both leaving behind family and spouses.  It was interesting to hear her reason for taking this action...she didn't feel loved, felt pressure from work, pressure caring for her young daughter, didn't think anyone would miss her.  My goodness, what lie DIDN'T she believe?

Satan must be ecstatic over this one.  Two families broken apart.  The man's wife already in the process of divorcing him, the woman not ready for her husband's forgiveness and looking for a place of her own.  And millions of women across the country nodding their heads and saying "I know just how she feels."

I will be the first to agree that yes, there is a load of pressure in the daily living of life.  Yes, sometimes it does feel like no one cares.  Yes, sometimes caring for children is a seemingly thankless task that drains the life out of you and can be described as being pecked to death by a duck.

But I will also quickly say that there is a way to ease the pressure.  There is always someone to love you.  There is a prescription for doing daily tasks in a way that eases the load.  A five word answer that some might say sounds trite or simplistic.  My friend, "take it to the Cross!"  There you will find strength for the pressures of life, love everlasting, and joy in your domestic duties.

How appropriate that this post was saved to be finished later tonight.  God knew I would need my own encouragement.  Ha!

How faithful He is to tell me what I needed to hear today through the mouths of two friends, a taxi driver [our first female driver in NZ, an Orthodox follower] and my dear daughter.  I know how that Ohio woman may have felt, but I also know that I am loved and that I am beautiful.  Thank you LORD, for your timely reminder!  May I be an encouragement to others the way You give it to me.

Oh, the burden that is lifted at Calvary when sin and cares are placed at the foot of the cross.  My prayer for this woman, and all others who might be in her unhappy shoes...to find the love and strength and peace that only faith in Jesus can bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment