Pages

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Live These Things...

Today's thoughts...INTEGRITY.  TRUTH.  Even when it is hard.

Today I had the responsibility of disciplining one of my children for lying.  Again.  While in the States, they would get one spank per year of their age for lying.  Now living in a country where that is frowned upon, I tried it their way for nine months.  The taking away of privileges for lying did not work.

Let me say that more often than not, it takes the application of serious discipline to get to the true heart of the matter.  It was not easy and it was not fun, but today has shown me that a spanking given in love can touch a heart like nothing else.  The level of repentance was high and true.  And it opened wide the door of respect that was slowly closing between mother and child.

Don't worry so much about your self-esteem. 
Worry more about your character. 
Integrity is its own reward.   
~ Laura Schlessinger
 

No comments:

Post a Comment