Pages

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Today was better than...

Yesterday (Saturday) TAPM asked if he could take us to see something down by the waterfront after church.  Ok.  Sounds good.  All night last night I was wondering what it could be, as he would give me no hint.

Today (Sunday) I received a wonderful gift.  The mystery took us to the City Gallery and the Janet Cardiff Exhibition, "The Forty Part Motet".  We walked past the wall detailing this particular exhibit quickly as he seemed anxious to get us in there.

Around a corner and into a large room.  Two benches and open space surrounded by 40 black speakers at head height on individual stands that gave me the feeling of being encircled with sternness.  Individual chatter is played and I stop near one to listen.  Not knowing what I was in for, I wonder if somehow this is live and somewhere behind the scenes are people waiting to pop out.

What followed was something I could never have guessed.  The most rapturous music I have heard in too long of a quiet spell.  Why have I let this area of my life go silent and lie dormant for so long?  Why did I let life get in the way?

Many times during the 11 minutes of singing I found my heart ready to burst with joy.  Tears came and went as I thought about the gift I was listening to, and who brought it to me.  One of the kids asked outside when it was over if Grampa would have liked that.  Oh yes, a hundred times YES!  I don't know who would like it more, him or me? 

So, from the bottom of my heart I say "Thank You" to The Artistic Pixel Man.  Today was better than diamonds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncsqIe-S-Fg&feature=fvw

No comments:

Post a Comment