Pages

Monday, February 22, 2010

2010 - My Year of Focus

My, this is a strange place...have I been here before? Oh yes, I used to post here, many months ago!

Time to get life moving. Funny how aware, yet unaware of it I have been lately.

2010 holds promise for me. I am taking a year long "class" from ilivethesource.com that focuses on one area of life each month, and hope to grow in many ways over the next year. Already I have learned new techniques for tough spots. The hard part is remembering to use them! I did have a moment of joy though after using pros and cons in a situation of my own, to be able to share that with Miss A for her own tough spot. The next morning she then shared the information with Mr E to help him get his day started in a better way.

Right now I am looking at packing up the bags and boxes for another move back into town. This causes stress to think about, but there is nothing I can do to change this. It is out of my control. Perhaps that is why I am here in NZ. To learn to totally give up control. I am certainly gaining a new perspective on flexibility.

School is moving along for the children. I am becoming dissatisfied with Saxon Math. The farther along Miss A gets, the more chopped up the lessons seem and I am wondering if it is just this book (65) or does this happen in subsequent books also?

There are many things that we need to get out and about to see here in Wellington before our time here is finished. Not knowing when that will be, I have decided to put a rush on getting out and about more just in case we are headed off of this island anytime soon... and if not, then we will have more time to explore other things. First up is the Colonial Cottage here in our neighborhood. Then perhaps a trip to the zoo.

I hope to post on a more regular basis, to keep things fresh and give us a record of what we have done, especially now that we have a new year to fill up!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Becky;

    Good to catch up with you ;-)

    I haven't used Saxon, but we do love Math U See. Not sure if you've heard of this before, it is video based (or dvd) teaching-with a student workbook. It was an answer to prayer for us for two of our kids.

    Kimmie
    mama to 7
    one homemade and 6 adopted

    ReplyDelete