Pages

Thursday, July 10, 2008

What a difference a day makes!

Whew! I have been struggling with cleaning this "cabin" and was getting nowhere fast and more frustrated by the day. My friend Mary came over this morning to help with some business items and of course I couldn't let her see it in such a state!!
Just the kick in the pants this girl needed. I don't know what made it different this time, but the living room and kitchen look like I am having an open house! The clean bug has also spread to Miss A's room, and Mr. E is asking when can we do his room next? (ok, ok...just don't go in my room. that will be tackled in 15 min. increments, and for tonight I am sleeping on the couch.) But, I am so proud of Miss A. She "gifted" a toddler toy that has been sitting unused for years, and is sharing some of her doll things with her younger cousin, Miss L.
I am sitting here in the midst of the clean. What a nice feeling. Makes me smile to see the counters bare. As much as I like the folksy/primitive country look, I do like the bare bones minimalist look. (Much less to dust, and easier to vacuum!)
I do follow the flylady system but found a site that is basically the same thing, but in a different format. Reiterated the old info in a new? way. http://www.discoverorganization.com/articles
Didn't pay a dime, but got the free e-course. I like many of the articles. Looks like good, motivational stuff!
Funny, how I seem to have so much t say when I sit down to type. Time to go do my first 15 min. in my room. (Wonder how much time total this will take?) Thanks for reading, and remember...if you take something out, please put it away!! (Right Mom?)

No comments:

Post a Comment