Pages

Thursday, August 19, 2010

A Wrestling Match

It has been one of those years, and I'm not talking about since January.  For some reason in my mind, the end of this August is the significant end of a year's time - my first in New Zealand.  As eager as I was to get here, I sure did wrestle with being here once I landed, and God has certainly had me on the mat more than a few times in the past 12 months!

Amazing to think that if I had only surrendered at the beginning I might be further along, but as they say, "hind sight is 20/20" and there is no use pining over what could have been.  I am looking forward to seeing what the active side of surrender looks like as I once again lay my life at God's feet and ask Him to empty me of myself and fill me with Jesus.

One thing that I have come to realize is that I cannot expect big things of God if I am not willing to get serious about my end of things and do the daily things I am responsible for.  No more slacking off.

Dear Lord, I need help!  On my own, I'm no good...lazy...selfish...grumpy...disorganized.  Please show me what can happen when I lean on You and do what is right.  May the next 12 months be a continued testimony of God's faithfulness in my life.  Thank You for slow and repeated starts.  Please keep me moving forward.