Pages

Thursday, March 14, 2013

A Birthday of Epic Proportions

I offer up thanks to the One who made me for having His hand on me and for guiding my steps. Yesterday was The Most Epic Birthday of All Time in my book, with certain elements that I hope never need to be repeated. 

Highlights included coming home from work to find my gift from Mr E being a cleaned kitchen, a lunch of stuffed shells made for me by Miss A and eaten with the 3 people I love most, lemon cake with lemon frosting, a present from a friend and being sung to in not only English, but Dutch and Portuguese as well! There were so many well-wishes and birthday hugs, I am truly blessed to be on this earth!

The not so fun but very much needed element was spending 4 hours in the ER with a dearly loved one as they again came face to face with some serious stuff. I would like to encourage anyone reading this who may be in a terribly impossible situation. I don't know what you are going through, but I challenge you to wait. Waiting is the hard part, but it is so worth the pain. I am encouraged to know that my hope is not in vain. God DOES have a plan for us and our families. His timing is never our timing, but it is always RIGHT ON TIME.

Hang on, dear friend. Look up and dare to keep hope alive. Reach out to the One who made you. He loves you more than you will ever know.

No comments:

Post a Comment