Pages

Saturday, July 30, 2011

'Tis a Gift to Live Simply

The Shaker song is heavy on my brain at the moment as 3/4 of my family prepares to relocate to the other side of the globe again.  Trying to fit everything into 6 bags for 3 people has become something of a chore.  There seems to be much sentiment to consider, and of course the books must come.  TAPM will ask about something and my reply is "It is somewhere in the bags." The look on my face must have been horror or dread as the last time he asked, he quickly said, "That's ok, leave it in the bag."

I am happy to report though, that many of the books that made their way to NZ on the first flight will not be going back on this next one.  However, we seem to have picked up many miscellaneous bits and bobs that now "need" to come with us and weigh just about as much.

What a great part of our adventure this has been!  I am amazed how God brought it all together in the end, and I am so very thankful.  It is a gift to live simply, but I am not living as simply as I would like.  This move is proof of that!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment